Thursday 24 May 2012

Week 3 session 2.... Meet Nathan!!!

Yo! What's happening? My names Nathan but everybody calls me Nate for short.

I'm 14 years old from Ardwick in Manchester..... I'm an up and coming MC and have been coming to the media drop for about a year now. I come here to develop my skills as an mc and meet other musicians to link up and make music together.

My main style is grime but I'm trying to learn how to write hip-hop bars as well and fabz and JSD help me when I'm writing my bars. That helps me with the structure of the bars and to get the flow right!!!

Check out some of my bars on the media drop soundcloud... we will be uploading them at the end of todays session (hopefully).
www.soundcloud.com/mediadrop

Today we're having a session to finish off everything we've started so we can move onto some new tracks and upload the new tracks to the soundcloud.

We've also had a chat with Zara about anti-violence because she is running a campaign and we are going to do a track about it to promote positive vibes and anti violence in Manchester. You can check out Zara's campaign here:
www.someoneseverything.com

Anyway I'm out of here... time to work on some tracks!!!

Peace, Nate.